A1A Software has introduced new web tools for 3D lift planning activities that enable users to input or gather important lift planning information without creating a full lift plan.
For on-the-go, in-the-field decision making, the tools provide quick, accurate information accessible from a tablet or other mobile device, that can later be integrated into a full lift plan.
A1A Software has also released its first mobile device application for users of iCraneTrax, the company’s fleet management software with CRM, Dispatch, and GPS capabilities.
The six new web tools include:
1. Sketch Pad which allows estimators, project managers or others involved in initial job bidding or lift planning to draw on screen using their finger. After entering an address, a Google Map displays as background. On this aerial view, it is possible to note the lift location, crane setup location, and other site-specific information. “This is a great tool for gathering initial information for a job estimate,” said A1A president, Tania Weiss. The sketch can be saved to 3D Lift Plan and will auto-create a lift plan for the user, which reduces steps and streamlines documentation.
2. Crane Comparison which allows users to compare up to 10 crane load charts at a time. “Information displays graphically, for an easy visual reference of the capacities at various working ranges,” explained Weiss. The tool is ideal for salespeople who are working with customers to identify the most cost-effective option that can get the job done.
3. Load Chart Viewer which takes information in traditional load charts and presents them in a visual infographic presentation. This graphical representation overlays load chart data, such as capacity at various lift radii, into a range diagram with capacities. “If you’ve heard the phrase, a picture is worth a thousand words…the load chart viewer is exactly that – a visual representation of load chart data,” said Weiss.
4. Crane Loads Calculator which allows users to determine maximum outrigger loads for the specific crane configuration without creating a full 3D Lift Plan. Simply choose the crane, the load chart, boom length, load weight, and radius, and the Crane Loads Calculator will present you with critical setup information.
5. Mat Calculator, which will likely be used in conjunction with the Crane Loads Calculator, allows users to select the appropriate outrigger pads or crane pads for the allowable ground bearing pressure. This is a mobile variation on the feature integrated into 3D Lift Plan in 2017, which provides data for engineered outrigger pad products, such as DICA’s FiberMax or SafetyTech pads, steel mats, or timber mats, into 3D Lift Plan.
6. Rigging Designer allows users to select from a wide variety of common rigging products, as well as create a custom 3D rigging plan. The rigging plan can be saved to 3D Lift Plan for creation of a Rigging List and Critical Lift Worksheets.
In addition, A1A Software also released its first mobile device application for users of iCraneTrax, the company’s fleet management software with CRM, Dispatch, and GPS capabilities.
With the iTeleTrax app, customers can access six different information pages right from their Apple or Android mobile device. This makes it easier for operators, technicians or fleet managers to access critical information while on the go or at the job site.
The iTeleTrax app includes a fleet map overview of key service items, engine hour and maintenance notifications, DMI engine codes, fleet position for location tracking, and a summary page. Specific features and information displays vary depending on the OEM and telematics system used by your equipment. The app is available from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Users log in with their iCraneTrax credentials.
“iTeleTrax app improves communication between job site personnel, dispatch, and service departments, increasing the opportunity for proactive maintenance,” said Tawnia Weiss, president of A1A software.