Manitowoc Cranes has updated its smartphone app, which helps customers diagnose technical issues on their cranes.
The free app was designed to increase crane uptime by helping operators interpret the numeric diagnostic codes that are generated by their on-board control systems.
The goal is to help customers diagnose technical issues faster without the help of third-party assistance. When a numeric diagnostic code appears on the crane’s cab display, operators can use the app to find what the code means and immediately begin working on a solution to the problem.
In addition to diagnostic codes for Grove and Manitowoc branded cranes that run on Manitowoc’s Crane Control System (CCS) and GMK cranes with ECOS1 and ECOS2 systems, the app now provides diagnostic codes for National Crane models.
These include NBT30H-2, NBT50, NBT55, NTC55 and NBT60, as well as for select Grove and National Crane Rated Capacity Limiter Systems.
The app is intended for use by crane operators, customer and dealer technicians to provide detailed diagnostic information about error codes that are displayed in the driver or operators cab.
App features include:
- Immediate access to diagnostic information
- Immediate error code details
- Ease of navigation based on crane model and control system type
- Provides corrective action for many diagnostic errors
- Built-in dealer locator functionality
- Global contact information built into app for local Manitowoc dealers for advanced repair support
The latest version of the smartphone app is available now for free in both the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android) by searching for ‘Manitowoc Diagnostic Code App’.